Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Guess What!? Studio 4 Art is soon to open a shop in Novato!!


I don't think I could have envisioned my summer being so full. Not just with camps. But about 3 weeks ago I signed a lease for a retail space in Novato on Grant Avenue. So, as I am in my last week of camps, I am also (with the help of my, most awesome, husband) redesigning Studio 4 Art's website, signage, putting new schedules together, creating a "look and feel" for the new space, purchasing wheels, kilns, furniture, sewing machines, and art supplies. It is all very exciting, and may I say a bit overwhelming. But did I say exciting!

Let me tell you a bit about the reasons I began looking for a home for Studio 4 Art.

You all know I absolutely love what I do. And the response with after-school enrichment classes, private lessons, birthday parties, wedding events, etc. has been tremendous. But, at the same time I felt limited to what I could do, how many people I could involve in the creative process, and my limitations of reaching out further into the community. I wanted to introduce art to more people in an environment that was open, warm, cozy, fun, not intimidating and with work around them that would inspire them to experiment. A place that you just wanted to "hang-out" and create.

Another situation I kept thinking about was how many creative friends I have, how much beautiful work there is being created by local artisans and how much this inspires me. I am on the web as much as possible looking at work of others and thinking "I want to see this in person". My personality is one that has to see it, touch it and get a good appreciation of the work that went into whatever I may be looking at. In my research there is a limited amount of brick and mortar shops to go and buy handcrafted, handmade items (made in the USA), of high quality, and yet reasonably priced. Until NOW!

So, as my husband has pointed out. I am creating a space that encompasses the full circle of creativity. There is a space that allows, you to paint, draw, sew, wheel-throw, hand-build, create a mosaic, or anything else a child's mind may imagine (and adults too). Then there is the retail side that shows appreciation for the many talented people there are that often don't get the acknowledgment and support they deserve.

We will be having a Grand Opening on October 4th! More details to follow. However, if you are not on our email list, please do so. I want to go as "green" as possible and will be using the web for announcements, workshop/class schedules, special guests, craft evenings for adults, time out for parents (3rd Friday evening of every month we will "chill" with the kids while parents get time-out to have dinner, see a movie, or maybe even a chance to talk).

Please keep checking Studio 4 Art's blog and website for new information!

For anyone worried about Studio 4 Art continuing there work on-site and on wheels! NO NEED. Studio 4 Art will continue to have after-school enrichment classes, birthday parties and any other creative need you may have, wherever you may want them to take place.

Peace everyone. And remember that if you can envision your dreams, they will come true.

2 comments:

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Fantastic! Your business will be a bonus to the children in the North Bay.

Even one art lesson will remain in the mind and the heart of a child for their entire life time.

Many blessings to your new shop,
Sunny Bower

Trudy @ 215design.etsy.com said...

Congratulations on your store opening! It looks beautiful. I am proud to have my necklaces in your lovely space.
I know you will find much success,
Trudy Blankenship
215 Design